I am a Senior Lecturer at School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, The University of Queensland, Australia. I obtained my PhD degree from National University of Singapore, Singapore, and my M.S. and B.S. degrees from Peking University, China. My research interests include Computer Security, Software Engineering and Formal Methods.
I am recently working on these areas:
- IoT/ICS Security ISSTA21, TSE19, ACSAC17
- Privacy & Machine Learning WWW21, ESORICS20
- Mobile Security ASE19, TSE18
Work with me: I am looking for self-motivated PhD students, interns and postdocs. My current focus is on formal methods on security, protocol verification, fuzzing, machine learning and blockchain. If you are interested, please send me an email with your CV.
I am honored to be working with:
- Yanjun Zhang (UQ PhD): Privacy-preserving Machine Learning
- Kailong Wang (NUS PhD, UQ Visiting Scholar): Network Security, Machine Learning on Security
- Kulani Mahadewa (NUS PhD, now Lecturer at University of Moratuwa): IoT Security
- Quanqi Ye (NUS PhD, now Lecturer at Waikato University): Mobile Security
[31 May 2021] Our paper on auditing privacy compliance of applet providers is accepted by the 2021 ACM SIGSOFT International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis (ISSTA)
[7 May 2021] Our work on privacy compliance of Android apps is presented at Black Hat Asia 2021
[16 Jan 2021] Our paper on intra-domain fingerprinting is accepted by The Web Conference 2021 (WWW)
[10 Jan 2021] I am serving ESORICS’21 as a PC member